If you think there is nothing your diet has to do with fertility, you are wrong. One’s eating habit has a lot more to do with his/her fertility. There are certain foods and drinks which can influence one’s fertility. Nutritional deficiencies may prevent you from getting pregnant or making your pregnancy late. The most common deficiencies which may prevent one from getting conceived are:
- Iron deficiency
- Iodine deficiency
- Selenium deficiency
- Omega-3fatty acid deficiency
- Vitamin D deficiency
Most of these deficiencies are caused due to the unhealthy diet. It is important to keep an eye on foods that contain the necessary vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Unhealthy diet may influence the health of the egg and sperm and may cause damage by the free-radicals. The couple who is preparing to conceive should choose food items which will help to reduce hormonal imbalance.
In short, fertility diet is the way of eating which supports a couple’s body in the reproductive efforts. According to certain scientific studies, infertility rates can be decreased by following a healthy lifestyle. Eating a natural fertility diet can help you in the following:
- Provides you with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which helps in protecting the sperm and egg health. It can prevent causing damage to them by the free-radicals.
- Optimal health can be achieved
- The healthy reproductive system needs support
- Helps to get enough energy and vitality
- Can get sufficient fats required to support the body towards hormonal balance.
Your doctor will be able to suggest you the best fertility diet plan according to your health condition.